University Housing living is a requirement for full-time Freshmen and Sophomores (under 54 credit units) with the exception of those students living with their parents or responsible legal guardians nearby. Full-time Juniors and Seniors may choose to live on-campus in available University Apartments. On-campus living enhances the college experience by offering resident students socializing opportunities outside the classroom. Close proximity to campus resources affords resident students the opportunity to become easily involved in campus activities. Resident students also tend to be very satisfied with their college experience, and are more likely to graduate. We are excited to welcome you to the Carieliin University!
Center for Performing Arts
We’re proud to present our most resent addition to the Rancho Bernardo location: The Center for Performing Arts where the Chicago Symphony will perform for our Grand Opening.
General Curriculum Requirements:
- English Language Writing and Literature
Declaring a Major By the time students have earned 54 semester hours, they must complete a Major Selection Form and turn it in to the registrar’s office. There must be at least 18 hours of unique requirements for each major. Some departments may require more than 18 unique hours.
Majors and their Colleges:
- College of Humanities, Arts & Sciences including Sciences: biology, chemistry, physics, & psychology & Arts: including visual arts, musical arts, theatre, & Communications: English, literature, creative writing, journalism, & broadcasting.
- College of Architectural Sciences with Dept of Planning & Development & Dept of Computer Sciences including mathematics & Data Bases.
- College of Business including Marketing & Economics.
- College of Wisdom Ministries – includes Pastoral Counseling, Philosophy, Mysticism, Theology & Divine Spirituality
Offered Bachelor Degrees with their major concentrations include the following:
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Business (Entrepreneurship Concentration and additional Business Majors, i.e., Administration, if desired)
- Counseling Psychology
- English Language & Literature
- Real Estate
- Theatre Arts (includes Speech Communications)
- Computer Sciences
- Architectural Sciences
- Political Science (Governmental International Relationships, if desired)
Minors The student doesn’t need to declare a minor selection, however, if they choose to declare a minor they must fill in a form with both the major & minor selection and register it at the registrar’s office to make it official.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREES
Up to 64 credits from another college may be transferred into an CU degree program. 120 completed credits are required for a Bachelor’s Degree and maintaining an overall C average (2.00 GPA) including the major is required. And in order to receive a bachelor’s degree from Carieliin University a candidate must complete the basic course requirements, meet all departmental requirements for a major concentration and using their own CU student account they apply for a degree completion audit. And they may attend the annual Carieliin Commencement to be awarded their official Bachelor’s Degree.
In addition, industrial certification programs are offered.